About

Forres Tennis Club was first formed in 1883 when lady members paid an annual fee of five shillings, and gentlemen ten!

Clubhouse

The Club moved to its present home in Albert Street adjacent to Roysvale Park, Forres, in 1909 and celebrated its centenary in 1983. In 1996, thanks to funding from the lottery and the Local Enterprise Company, the Club was able to completely modernise its facilities by resurfacing the courts with a superb all weather rubberised polymeric surface, floodlights for two of the four courts and a new clubhouse. The new facilities were officially opened in 1999 by TV and radio personality Mr Fred MacAulay.

 

floodlit tennis courtsMembers and visitors to the Club can enjoy year round tennis and there is a regular programme of activities, social and fund raising events and tournaments, including the annual Club Championships. The club has the services of a club coach, and a visiting professional coach provides an all year round coaching programme.

For those interested in playing more competitive tennis, the Club runs a number of junior and senior teams that participate in the Highlands District Leagues and the Scottish Cup.

New members, regardless of age and/or ability are always welcome. Why not come along on club nights or go to our membership or contacts page for more details about joining!

Our membership runs from 1st April to 31st March the following year.